IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THIS POLICY, DO NOT USE JUST ATTEND
1. Information Available in Just Attend Services
Just Attend aggregates publicly available information from company web pages, university web pages, news pages, public social network profiles, publication databases, patent databases, and other public sources (“Public Information”). This Public Information is available to public directly from those sources (even without Just Attend). Just Attend does not verify and cannot guarantee the accuracy of this Public Information. For certain social network websites, Just Attend will only get and show information if users provided corresponding login credentials. It is a user’s responsibility to validate and revise his own profile information in Just Attend Apps (including Just Attend Android App, Just Attend IOS App and Just Attend Web App).
2. Opt in/out Policy for the Attendee List on the Just Attend Apps
Just Attend supports three different policies on whether an attendee is listed in the event attendee list on Just Attend Apps. Event organizers can decide which policy to apply to their events in Just Attend Apps and it is the event organizers’ responsibility to make their attendees (users) be aware of the policy.
Please note that regardless of opt in/out policy, attendees’ contact information (e.g. emails, phone numbers) is not disclosed to other attendees via Just Attend Apps.
3. Remove Your Information from Just Attend Services
You have a choice to remove your information from Just Attend services by contacting us at [email protected]. After verification (we will need you to verify that you are removing your own information instead of others), we remove your information from Just Attend Service.
Note that since Just Attend collects information from Internet, having information removed from Just Attend Service does not mean that it is removed from its original data sources. In the Just Attend app, user can also validate and revise his own profile.
4. Personal Data Just Attend Collects
- a) Just Attend Services collects information about your usages. This may include information about any IP address used to access Just Attend Services and your activities on Just Attend Services. This is intended to help us improving Just Attend Services to give users better experience.
- b) Just Attend collects information that you provide in creating an account at Just Attend Services. This may include information such as your name, email address, social network sign- in. We do not provide your information to any third party.
- c) Just Attend allows you to retain and access Your search history and bookmark profiles on selected Just Attend Services. You may delete one or all at any time when Just Attend Services are available. Just Attend does not share your history and bookmarks with any third party.
- d) Certain functionalities of Just Attend Services require you to enter Personal Data to access your accounts with third-party websites, such as third-party social networks and websites. Your third-party login credentials will be stored for your convenience of continuously accessing the third party information upon your requests. We do not use this information for any other purpose. Your third-party login credentials are hashed and stored with the strictest security standards.
5. Use and Sharing of Personal Data
- a) Just Attend may use Personal Data you provide to Just Attend Services to create and maintain your account, to personalize your experience, and to send email communications relating to Just Attend Services. Just Attend does not sell, exchange, transfer, or give this type of Personal Data to any other company without your consent.
- b) Just Attend may use Personal Data about your use of Just Attend Services to improve our services. Just Attend may also use personal data with 3rd parties services and technologies as described below:
- Monitoring services, such as Google Analytics, to assist Just Attend in improving our quality of service.
- Cloud hosting providers, such as AWS, to ensure service availability and permanent storage
As a result, information about how you use Just Attend Services may be available to these other companies such as Google to the extent that their technology collects such information for Just Attend’s use. Just Attend actively protects your usage anonymity and does not distribute personally identifiable information about your use of Just Attend Services to any third parties other than as described above.
- c) Just Attend reserves the right to disclose Personal Data to third parties if required to do so by law, or if Just Attend has a good faith belief that disclosure is necessary to (1) comply with legal process served on us; (2) protect and defend our rights or property; (3) act in an emergency to protect someone’s safety.
- d) Just Attend reserves the right to transfer Personal Data to any successor in interest to the Just Attend’s business.
6. Children’s Privacy
- a) Just Attend Services is directed to people who are at least 18 years old, and Just Attend does not knowingly collect Personal Data from anyone under the age of 18. If You are aware that Just Attend has collected Personal Data from someone under the age of 18, please alert Just Attend at [email protected] and the information will be removed from our system as soon as is reasonably possible. This policy regarding collection of data from children exceeds the requirements of the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act.
- b) Just Attend does not knowingly aggregate or provide Public Information about people under the age of 18. Just Attend’s email search may return Public Information about children between the ages of 13 and 18 because this Public Information originates from third-party social networking sites and websites that permit children who are 13 years and older to create public profiles.
We have tried our best in removing any possible security holes in our released browser extensions and apps, but since it is hard to 100% verify software, we cannot provide 100% guarantee that Just Attend Services has zero security vulnerability. Just Attend is not responsible for any security issues caused by Just Attend Services.
8. EEA, SWITZERLAND AND UK ONLY
8.1. The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
In May 2018, a new data privacy law known as the EU General Data Protection Regulation (or the “GDPR”) becomes effective. The GDPR requires Just Attend and event organizers to provide the Just Attend users with more information about the processing of their Personal Data.
8.2. Legal grounds for processing your Personal Data
The GDPR requires us to tell you about the legal ground we’re relying on to process any Personal Data about you. The legal grounds for us processing your Personal Data include:
- you provided your consent;
- it is necessary for our contractual relationship;
- the processing is necessary for us to comply with our legal or regulatory obligations; and/or
- the processing is in our legitimate interest to fulfill our service as an event organizing, content providing, and ticketing platform (for example, to provide you with customer service, and to protect the security and integrity of our systems, etc.).
8.3. Just Attend as a data processor
EU data protection law makes a distinction between organizations that process Personal Data for their own purposes (known as “data controllers”) and organizations that process Personal Data on behalf of other organizations (known as “data processors”). If you have a question or complaint about how your Personal Data is handled, these should always be directed to the relevant data controller since they are the ones with primary responsibility for your Personal Data.
Where Just Attend processes attendees’ Personal Data on behalf of Organizer as part of the Services, Just Attend is a Data Processor in performing such Processing and Organizer is the Data Controller. This includes circumstances where Just Attend obtains Personal Data as a result of the provision of its core event management services (for example, where Just Attend authenticates attendees’ identity based on the attendee list that organizers uploaded to Just Attend, facilitates the transmission of emails to attendees at the request of Organizers, or provides event reports and tools to enable Organizers to gain insights into their attendees and the effectiveness of using the Just Attend products).
Just Attend merely provides an event engagement and management “tool” for Organizers; Just Attend does not decide what Personal Data to request on registration forms, nor is it responsible for the continued accuracy of any Personal Data provided. Any questions that you may have relating to your Personal Data and your rights under data protection law should therefore be directed to the event organizers as the data controller, not to Just Attend.
We offer the ability for event organizers to email attendees directly through our platform. This functionality was built to send service-related emails specific to an organizer’s event attended by the recipient of such email. If an organizer wants to use this function, the organizer needs to secure his/her own compliant opt-in consents for the sending of such emails. Just Attend does not do this on the organizer’s behalf.
8.4. Just Attend as a data controller
8.5. Data Access and Data Deletion
Data protection law provides you with rights in respect of Personal Data that we hold about you, including the right to request a copy of the Personal Data, request that we rectify, restrict or delete your Personal Data, and unsubscribe from marketing communications.
Just Attend app users can exercise these rights by editing their profiles on the Just Attend app, as well as deleting messages or photos posted by them. If you cannot find what you’re looking for, please contact us [email protected]. Also, should one of your attendees ask you to have Just Attend remove that attendee’s Personal Data from the Just Attend system, please forward the request to us at [email protected]. Our support team may reach out to the user directly to confirm the request. Please note that requests to exercise data protection rights will be handled by us on a case-by-case basis. There may be circumstances where we are not legally required to comply with your request because of the laws in your jurisdiction or because of exemptions provided for in data protection legislation.
8.6. Transfers of Personal Data
We may need to transfer your Personal Data outside of the country from which it was originally provided. This may be Just Attend or third parties (e.g. Amazon Cloud) that we work with who may be located in jurisdictions outside the EEA, Switzerland and the UK which have no data protection laws or laws that are less strict compared with those in Europe.
Whenever we transfer Personal Data outside of the EEA, Switzerland or the UK, we take legally required steps to make sure that appropriate safeguards are in place to protect your Personal Data. Such transfers will be made pursuant to the standard data protection clauses adopted by the Commission (EU Standard Contractual Clauses (Processors)).
In the event that EU authorities or courts determine that the transfer mechanism above is no longer an appropriate basis for transfers, Just Attend and customer shall promptly take all steps reasonably necessary to demonstrate adequate protection for the Personal Data, using another approved mechanism.
8.7. Data Incident Notifications
In cases where we are a data controller over data accessed in an unauthorized manner, we will notify the affected users directly. When we are solely a processor of data, we will notify event organizers we determine to be most likely in contact with that individual around the time of a data incident involving the unauthorized access of that individual’s Personal Data.
Contacting Just Attend
20 Leaman Road